MiamiProduct Liability Attorney
Manufacturers are responsible for ensuring the safety of the products they design, create, and market. When companies fail to follow industry standards for safety and release a dangerous or defective product to consumers, those injured can hold the companies liable for injuries, pain, and suffering.
At SteinLaw in Florida, we represent individuals who suffer needlessly at the hands of careless manufacturers. Whether you were injured in a defective hoverboard accident or experienced a problem with a dangerous drug/medical device, our team will fight for your right to justice and fair compensation.
Why Do Manufacturers Release Defective and Dangerous Products?
Many for-profit businesses focus their activities on increasing the bottom line. In doing so, some use subpar materials in their products while others fail to test the safety of a finished product. Negligent businesses may know the potential dangers of their products and do everything they can to downplay them and get the item into the marketplace faster. The reasons behind defective and dangerous products range from ignorance to malicious negligence. Anytime a manufacturer fails to follow industry safety standards, it unfairly put consumers at risk.
Proving Product Liability Cases
In Florida, you have four years to file most personal injury claims, including product liability claims. To prove negligence and obtain a fair outcome, SteinLaw will prove:
- You, the plaintiff, suffered an injury or loss.
- The product in question contained a design flaw, a manufacturing flaw, or a marketing flaw (e.g., the manufacturer should have known about the risks and warned consumers accordingly).
- The product’s dangerousness or defect led to your injuries or losses.
- You used the product as the manufacturer intended or should have reasonably expected.
If you suffer a serious injury or losses while using a product as the manufacturer intended, contact a personal injury attorney for a free case evaluation. Not every product-related injury is grounds for a claim, but an experienced attorney can help you determine if your experience qualifies. Pursuing a legal claim will not only help you recover from your injuries, but it may also help other consumers avoid the same experience.
Common Types of Product Liability Claims
At SteinLaw, we handle all types of product liability claims involving serious injuries, losses, and death. Some of the most common types of product liability claims involve:
- Defective auto parts
- Dangerous medications and medical devices (e.g., IVF filters, blood thinning, and medications)
- Defective kitchen products
- Defective toys
- Dangerous and defective commercial equipment
Our firm will work relentlessly to uncover any acts of negligence in a manufacturer’s design, manufacturing, and marketing processes. We have both the resources and the expertise to pursue your case while you focus on healing after an unexpected incident that may leave you unable to work, travel, or live your life normally. In pursuing a claim, you may obtain compensation to cover expenses associated with medical care, rehabilitation, time away from work, and your pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Product-Related Injury
After the incident, take these steps to protect your right to file a claim against a careless manufacturer:
- Do not throw the product away. Keep what remains of the product. Store it in a safe and secure place until you have an opportunity to speak with an attorney.
- Seek medical care. Tell the attending health care practitioner a product caused your injuries, and keep all records of the medical services you receive.
- Take pictures. Grab a smartphone or your camera and take pictures of the product, your injuries, and any property the product damaged during the incident.
Talk to an attorney as soon as you have an opportunity. At SteinLaw, we will serve as your legal advocate throughout the claims journey.